I play tennis every week, and several times a week during the summer. As long as I can remember I have loved playing. My mother taught my brothers and me how to play. She would say, “Racquet back! Racquet back! Eye on the ball!” Our entire family would play round-robbins well past midnight… and it’s a tradition I have carried on with my boys. Tennis is one of those sports that anyone can play at any level and any age. Walk past the beautiful public tennis courts in New York City’s Central Park in the summer and you will see friends who have been playing together for four or five decades — and their game is perfect. It’s never too soon or too late to pick up a racquet.
More to explore in Sport
- Sport 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Warm Up
- Sport 1.25.23 Feel The Burn
- Sport 1.18.23 Word Of Mouth: Good For A Girl
- Sport 11.14.22 Live from Glasgow: The Billie Jean King Cup
- Sport 9.13.22 Spring/Sumer 2023: The Warm Up