Rather than just tell you about the intricate artisanal techniques at the heart of our Summer 2015 collection, we thought we’d show you firsthand. Above, a behind-the-scenes look at the craftsmanship of Tory’s Kempner flat and high-heel slides. While the final product is thoroughly modern, the handiwork behind it is pure tradition — from the traditionally dyed leathers to the workshop craftsmen with over 35 years of experience. Here’s the process: Each shoe is made from leather that’s carefully layered, then sliced vertically and meticulously pieced together to create a striking pattern. You can see step-by-step details of the process in the slideshow.
More to explore in Style
- Style 3.6.23 Introducing The Ella Bio
- Style 3.1.23 Tory Daily 10: Solar-Powered Style
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Accessories Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Bag Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Shoe Report