To Do: Réunion Surf Bar
Even if you can’t surf in New York City, you can still enjoy the laidback atmosphere at Thomas Wilson, Eugene Ashe and Robert Guarino’s Réunion Surf Bar in Hell’s Kitchen. We especially love their specialty cocktails, like The Hang Ten, Réunion Sunrise and The Acid Drop, all served in Eames-inspired highballs. Here, Réunion’s signature Mermaid.
2 oz. white rum
1.5 oz. lime juice
1.5 oz. simple syrup
0.5 cup fresh mint leaves
1 heaping cup ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Pulse two or three times then blend on high until smooth. Should be thin enough to pour out of blender with a good shake. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and peeled fresh sugarcane.
Photo By Will Vaultz
More to explore in Sport
- Sport 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Warm Up
- Sport 1.25.23 Feel The Burn
- Sport 1.18.23 Word Of Mouth: Good For A Girl
- Sport 11.14.22 Live from Glasgow: The Billie Jean King Cup
- Sport 9.13.22 Spring/Sumer 2023: The Warm Up