Most Wanted: Calf-Hair Saddlebag
Crafted from spotted calf hair and Italian leather, this saddlebag offers a quick hit of chic with far-flung appeal.
It takes after the centuries-old Colombian carriel, worn by traditional coffee farmers who would travel for days, with mules, to deliver the beans. While the original inspiration included a bevy of hidden compartments for their long journeys — the arrieros reportedly carried everything from protective amulets to love letters — our version comes with a simplified set of interior pockets built for more modern on-the-go essentials, like, say, a card case and smartphone.
More to explore in Style
- Style 3.6.23 Introducing The Ella Bio
- Style 3.1.23 Tory Daily 10: Solar-Powered Style
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Accessories Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Bag Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Shoe Report