We recently headed to the lively area of La Fortuna, Costa Rica to shoot our latest campaign. We didn’t stay long, but the birds, beasts, views and people all made an impression. Here are our top five suggestions if you too find yourself in the area…
1. Hike Arenal Volcano National Park — the location of the country’s most active volcano — with a surface like the moon’s.
2. Soak in the warm mineral waters of Tabacon Hot Springs, in a setting which calls to mind the Garden of Eden.
3. Get lost on the grounds of Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa as you look for toucans, parrots and maybe a monkey — and then spend the night.
4. Go for a horseback ride to the local La Fortuna Waterfall — which plummets 200 feet down — and then cool off with a dip in the crystal-clear swimming hole below.
5. Seek the elusive sloth on the Bogarin Trail — home to 25 of the slow-moving creatures — with the help of passionate guide Giovanni Bogarin.