We’re putting a new spin on pinning (and repinning). Every model from our Fall 2012 runway show wore our new jeweled floral hair clips in their undone-yet-sophisticated updos — and it’s a look you can easily do yourself.
First, prep with texturing spray, then blast with hairspray. Grab hair into a low ponytail, twist and pin up into a loose bun or chignon. Keep some strays — it’s part of the charm.
The finishing touch? Our vintage-inspired ladylike clips, whether you scatter multiple or just one. “Place randomly,” advises Eugene Souleiman, our hairstyling maestro. “It’s not wedding hair.”
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty Beauty Spotlight: Linda Wells Sat, May 31, 2014
- Beauty Model Talk: Alexandra Martynova on Beauty Fri, May 2, 2014
- Beauty Book of the Week: Andrea Robinson’s Toss the Gloss Tue, Apr 15, 2014
- Beauty Model Talk: Ieva Laguna on Beauty Sun, Apr 6, 2014
- Beauty W’s Jane Larkworthy On: Beach Beauty Sun, Mar 30, 2014