Things aren’t always as they seem. It’s a statement that applies to artist Peter Doig in more ways than one. For starters, although he was born in Edinburgh and went to school at London’s famed Central Saint Martins, you can’t exactly brand him a UK artist; he grew up in Trinidad and Canada, and now calls the former home. His artwork is similarly hard to pin down and reads part dreamscape, part photo and film scene. Judge for yourself at his new solo exhibit at Michael Werner’s London gallery, which is open through December 22nd.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Culture To Do: Beatriz Milhazes at Pérez Art Museum Miami Sun, Dec 7, 2014
- Culture Art Advisor Maria Brito On: Lifestyling the Home Sat, Dec 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Michele Oka Doner at Christie’s Fri, Dec 5, 2014
- Culture Gallerist Christine Messineo On: Art Basel Miami Beach Wed, Dec 3, 2014