Things aren’t always as they seem. It’s a statement that applies to artist Peter Doig in more ways than one. For starters, although he was born in Edinburgh and went to school at London’s famed Central Saint Martins, you can’t exactly brand him a UK artist; he grew up in Trinidad and Canada, and now calls the former home. His artwork is similarly hard to pin down and reads part dreamscape, part photo and film scene. Judge for yourself at his new solo exhibit at Michael Werner’s London gallery, which is open through December 22nd.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book of the Week: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Peter Lindbergh at Gagosian Gallery Sun, Sep 14, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Claiborne Swanson Frank’s Young Hollywood Mon, Sep 1, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014