Last night, Lady Gaga received the CFDA’s Icon award. The very first winner, in 2002, was the unforgettable C.Z. Guest, the very epitome of grace, beauty and style. Here, in 1950, C.Z. wears a floral dress and cropped jacket by Mainbocher, one of her favorites along with Givenchy. While she was the perfect model for couture, she was just as often photographed in a plain white T-shirt and shorts or a romper. She was truly All-American.
More to explore in Style
- Style Look We Love: Prints, Double or Nothing Tue, Sep 16, 2014
- Style Most Wanted: Calf-Hair Saddlebag Mon, Sep 15, 2014
- Fashion Week NYFW Best Dressed: Tabitha Simmons Sat, Sep 13, 2014
- Fashion Week Spring 2015: The Collection Fri, Sep 12, 2014
- Fashion Week Spring 2015: Trend Report Thu, Sep 11, 2014