There are plenty of terrific cherry blossom viewings outside of Japan, too. In China, Shanghai’s Gucan Forest Park, Beijing’s Yuyuantan Park and Wuxi’s Li Garden are popular spots while Stockholm’s Kungstradgarden Park, Paris’ Parc de Sceaux and the city of Bonn in Germany are favorites in Europe; head to Spain’s Jerte Valley for blankets and blankets of show-white (not pink) blossoms. And while much of the season has peaked Stateside (D.C., Philadelphia, San Francisco and Macon, Georgia), serious sakura enthusiasts can still pencil in time at New York’s Brooklyn Botanic Garden — its website even includes updates on specific species of cherry blossom currently in bloom. For the curious, right now that includes Prunus serrulata, pendula and shirotae.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 1.13.19 Suitcase Magazine Founder Serena Guen’s Top Travel Destinations for 2019
- Travel 1.8.19 Tennis Courts Around the World
- Travel 1.4.19 A Portuguese Hotel Packed with History and Glamour
- Travel 11.24.18 To Visit: Saint James Paris
- Travel 11.19.18 Entrepreneur Issue: Hallstein Water’s Phillip Muhr