In the mood to go down south… way down south? Argentinian model and actress Calu Rivero gives us her can’t-miss list for the great city of Buenos Aires.
San Telmo — a neighborhood that is really characteristic for tango. You can go and see, or you can dance . There is a beautiful place called La Catedral, where you can get the vibe of tango, take a class… Palermo is also beautiful — young, a lot of street art… a different vibe.
Go to the Teatro Colón, a theater that is huge and beautiful. We have great talent there — actors and dancers and musicians — so it’s a nice experience.
Empanadas. Because I’m vegan, I love the vegetable empanadas, but the classic ones are with meat or cheese.
For Buenos Aires, the weather doesn’t change that much, so a pair of jeans and a cool jacket.
Souvenir to bring back…
You will 100 percent want to buy a poncho. They are beautiful, comfortable… and there are so many. You can get really amazing colors.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 5.23.18 To Visit: Côte d’Azur’s Hôtel Les Roches Rouges
- Travel 5.14.18 Getaway Guide: The Gentlewoman’s Penny Martin on Anstruther, Scotland
- Entertaining 5.6.18 Mother’s Day: To Visit, Paris’ Pink Mamma
- Travel 4.25.18 Mother’s Day: Cherry Blossoms Are Here!
- Travel 4.18.18 Berlin Issue: Swantribune’s Insider Guide