Every Fashion Week, all eyes turn to Style.com to read — for some, with baited breath — fashion show reviews, the latest news and interviews. And it’s pretty much required reading every other week of the year, too. At the helm is Executive Editor Nicole Phelps, at left wearing Tory’s Trudy sweater and Manda dress, who imparts her words of wisdom on her assistant Lindsay Peoples (and us).
Style.com, Executive Editor
Advice I give to interns…
You’re here to learn, so be open to everything, and hold onto each and every contact you make.
One anecdote from my own internship experience…
It was in public relations at a book publisher. I was in college, intimidated and a bit bored, too. Interns are a lot of work for their supervisors, another reason why it’s important to be willing to do anything.
If I could intern anywhere now, I’d intern…
For the writers on my favorite TV shows. I’ve never experienced collaborative writing like that, and I think it’d be a kick to try, or at least to watch. Scary, but fun.
My husband and I fantasize about writing a hit young adult novel. That, and a bathroom with double sinks!
Style.com, Freelance Market Assistant
Working with Nicole is…
Such an honor. It’s not often that you get to work with someone who is so respected and knowledgeable in the industry.
Most fun I’ve had on the job…
Coming up with new ideas. Before Style.com, I worked on the print side of editorial, so it’s been fun to learn things about online presence.
Biggest lesson learned so far…
Take initiative, even if you’re hesitant.
Passion and hard work in harmony
More to explore in Style
- Style Holiday Issue: Stylist Pernille Teisbæk’s Copenhagen Christmas Thu, Dec 18, 2014
- Style Holiday Issue: Stylist Kate Young on Cocktail-Party Dressing Wed, Dec 17, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Style Holiday Issue: Fashion Designer Misha Nonoo on Holiday Traditions & Getaways Fri, Dec 12, 2014
- Style Holiday Issue: Editors’ Wish List: Top 10 Gifts Thu, Dec 11, 2014