We turn the tables on the 1stdibs editor — here wearing Tory’s Camille gown — in hopes of
finding out the secret behind her effortless style.
A combination of practicality and eccentricity. I was an art history major in college, and I’m drawn to pieces with an oddity, whether it’s texture, structure or print. Also, working at 1stdibs has been influential because I get to look at some of the best vintage fashion in the world, every day.
My style influences and icons…
I’m lucky to have a few extremely stylish women in my life — Lauren Santo Domingo, Jess Hart and Val Boster — they are my role models and the people I look to for advice.
My personal styling trick…
Buy pieces that transcend season and occasion. My goal is to build a foundation of quality staples that I can wear over and over again.
Cushnie et Ochs and Olympia Le-Tan
Best fashion advice ever received…
From my father: Be authentic — if something feels off, it probably is.
My go-to look for a night out…
This winter has been extremely harsh in New York, so I have found myself wearing my Balmain over-the-knee boots to add an extra layer, whether with jeans or a dress.
And on weekends I’m usually…
Chasing after my dog Clyfford and rewarding myself at Sant Ambroeus’ new location in Soho.
Look 15 from Christopher Kane — I love that pastel green skirt. I would pair it with Tory’s Pre-Fall 14 white crop top.
Spring destination I’m dreaming about…
St. Barth — my family has been going since 1975.
Exhibit I’m most looking forward to…
The Schorrs’ Basquiat drawing collection at Acquavella Galleries.
More to explore in Style
- Style Holiday Issue: Stylist Pernille Teisbæk’s Copenhagen Christmas Thu, Dec 18, 2014
- Style Holiday Issue: Stylist Kate Young on Cocktail-Party Dressing Wed, Dec 17, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Style Holiday Issue: Fashion Designer Misha Nonoo on Holiday Traditions & Getaways Fri, Dec 12, 2014
- Style Holiday Issue: Editors’ Wish List: Top 10 Gifts Thu, Dec 11, 2014