It’s a big day around here. In collaboration with Bank of America, the Tory Burch Foundation announced a new initiative: Elizabeth Street Capital, which provides early-stage women entrepreneurs with access to low-cost loans, mentoring and networking opportunities. It’s kicking off in six cities — Boston, Charlotte, Las Vegas, New York, Philadelphia and San Francisco — and will expand to others in the next two years. The goal: to help women build and grow their businesses, creating strong communities of women entrepreneurs along the way. We can make a difference. As for the name, it’s a fitting reference to the location of Tory’s very first boutique — the launching pad for our whole company today.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Wimbledon Flashback (McEnroe vs. Borg!) Wed, Jul 1, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Author Kevin Kwan on China Rich Girlfriend Tue, Jun 30, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Actor & Comedian Aziz Ansari on Texts & Love Mon, Jun 29, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Painter Natasha Law on Books to Inspire a Young Artist Sun, Jun 28, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Meet the New Authors on the Scene Sat, Jun 27, 2015