From a star on the Walk of Fame to an Oscar on your mantelpiece, there are many signs of having “arrived” in Hollywood, but as far as any sushi devotee is concerned, there’s nothing quite like having a roll named after you at Hamasaku on Santa Monica Boulevard. The menu is filled with plates dedicated to the restaurant’s bold-faced patrons — the spicy tuna Charlize Theron, the Sarah Michelle Gellar (with jalapeño pearls) and Christina Applegate’s baked salmon nigiri. In celebration of our Food Issue this week, chef Yoya Takahashi created a special roll in honor of a certain sushi-loving designer who always visits when she’s in town…
For more features from our Food Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: To Read, The Chef’s Library Wed, Nov 30, 2016
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: Darcy Miller on Celebrate Everything! Mon, Nov 28, 2016
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: Kate Berry on Holiday Style & Decor Sun, Nov 27, 2016
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: To Read, Cecil Beaton at Home Sat, Nov 26, 2016
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: To Read, Mimi Thorisson’s French Country Cooking Wed, Nov 23, 2016