From a star on the Walk of Fame to an Oscar on your mantelpiece, there are many signs of having “arrived” in Hollywood, but as far as any sushi devotee is concerned, there’s nothing quite like having a roll named after you at Hamasaku on Santa Monica Boulevard. The menu is filled with plates dedicated to the restaurant’s bold-faced patrons — the spicy tuna Charlize Theron, the Sarah Michelle Gellar (with jalapeño pearls) and Christina Applegate’s baked salmon nigiri. In celebration of our Food Issue this week, chef Yoya Takahashi created a special roll in honor of a certain sushi-loving designer who always visits when she’s in town…
For more features from our Food Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 4.22.17 Getaway Issue: Margarita Esencia Recipe
- Entertaining 4.17.17 Garden Issue: To Visit, Ladurée in Los Angeles
- Entertaining 4.15.17 Garden Issue: Interior Designer Sarah Bartholomew on Table-Setting Tips
- Entertaining 4.14.17 Garden Issue: Spotlight on Paris’ Le Cabinet de Porcelaine
- Entertaining 4.13.17 Garden Issue: To Read, The Great Dixter Cookbook