What is it about New York greenery? We can’t get enough — from Long Island’s Old Westbury Gardens (seen in our Holiday 2013 lookbook) to the above parterre at the Bedford home of storied interior designer Stephen Sills. The latter is just one of the many beautiful locales in Sills’ new eponymous tome Stephen Sills: Decoration. Featured alongside his own aforementioned 22-acre estate — which Karl Lagerfeld has called “the chicest house in America” — there are 15 other homes, all captured by François Halard to breathtaking effect. From Fifth Avenue to Aspen, each plays on variations of Sills’ signature muted palette and refined mix of antique and modern.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Paddle8’s Alexander Gilkes On: The Art of Art Collecting Tue, Sep 30, 2014
- Culture Elle UK Editor Sophie Beresiner On: Having Breast Cancer Mon, Sep 29, 2014
- Culture To Do: Cy Twombly at Morgan Library Fri, Sep 26, 2014
- Culture To Read: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Libra Sat, Sep 20, 2014