What is it about New York greenery? We can’t get enough — from Long Island’s Old Westbury Gardens (seen in our Holiday 2013 lookbook) to the above parterre at the Bedford home of storied interior designer Stephen Sills. The latter is just one of the many beautiful locales in Sills’ new eponymous tome Stephen Sills: Decoration. Featured alongside his own aforementioned 22-acre estate — which Karl Lagerfeld has called “the chicest house in America” — there are 15 other homes, all captured by François Halard to breathtaking effect. From Fifth Avenue to Aspen, each plays on variations of Sills’ signature muted palette and refined mix of antique and modern.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015