What is it about New York greenery? We can’t get enough — from Long Island’s Old Westbury Gardens (seen in our Holiday 2013 lookbook) to the above parterre at the Bedford home of storied interior designer Stephen Sills. The latter is just one of the many beautiful locales in Sills’ new eponymous tome Stephen Sills: Decoration. Featured alongside his own aforementioned 22-acre estate — which Karl Lagerfeld has called “the chicest house in America” — there are 15 other homes, all captured by François Halard to breathtaking effect. From Fifth Avenue to Aspen, each plays on variations of Sills’ signature muted palette and refined mix of antique and modern.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Peter Lindbergh at Gagosian Gallery Sun, Sep 14, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Claiborne Swanson Frank’s Young Hollywood Mon, Sep 1, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Every Mother Counts’ Clancy McCarty Wed, Aug 20, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Gagosian Gallery’s Christine Erpf Wed, Aug 20, 2014