There’s just something good and right about the way siblings sing together — it’s got to do with genetics and harmonies. Add to the list of sibling acts we love, Say Lou Lou’s Elektra and Miranda Kilbey, who are making waves for their sexy, synthy, dreamy sounds — a perfect reflection of their hybrid laid-back Aussie and pop Swedish roots. The twins, who named their band after a great-aunt, released two singles this summer, the catchy Julian and coolly serene Fool of Me, and are working on their debut album. They have their own record label, too — it’s appropriately named à Deux.
More to explore in Music
- Music Video: David Bowie & Bing Crosby’s Little Drummer Boy Sun, Dec 21, 2014
- Music Holiday Issue: Winter Wonder 2014 Playlist Sat, Dec 13, 2014
- Music Holiday Issue: Singer Lia Ices on Eggnog & Winter Beaches Wed, Dec 10, 2014
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Thanksgiving 2014 Tue, Nov 25, 2014
- Music Color Issue: Lady Luck Playlist Tue, Nov 4, 2014