It’s not easy categorizing Americana art, let alone the contemporary take on it. But the new book For Which It Stands by Farameh Media offers a compelling look at the subject, with an impressive collection of works by over 60 artists ranging from Barbara Kruger and Tom Sachs to Vik Muniz and Maurizio Cattelan. With 400 pages of intimate interviews and oversized images, it’s a dynamic cocktail of the nostalgic, provocative, witty and surprising,
where fast food’s Golden Arches (painted in pretty porcelain blue) meets origami greenbacks
and a jumpsuit-wearing Vanna White.
For our tastemakers’ list of best books to give, click here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Virgo Sun, Aug 23, 2015
- Culture Music Issue: Spotlight on Broadway’s Renée Elise Goldsberry Tue, Aug 18, 2015
- Culture To Do: The Rise of Sneaker Culture at the Brooklyn Museum Mon, Aug 10, 2015
- Culture Meet the Philanthropist: Sugarplum Children’s Lady Jubie Wigan Sun, Aug 9, 2015
- Culture To Do: Wes Anderson Tribute at Joseph Gross Thu, Aug 6, 2015