And now for a bit of eye candy. Graphic design duo Michael Amzalag and Mathias Augustyniak, a.k.a. M/M (Paris), are known for both their groundbreaking mash-ups of photography, illustration and text, as well as their impressive client roster, from Balenciaga and Yohji Yamamoto to Madonna and Kanye West. A new monograph by Rizzoli shows just how they’ve gone from working for cultural influencers to joining that pantheon themselves. Not only are they featured in countless museum collections around the world and have a Grammy under their belt (Best Recording Package for Björk’s Biophilia), but they’ve even got a heart-shaped burger named after them at Paris’ Café Étienne Marcel — which, by the way, they also designed.
More to explore in Culture
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: The Great Beauty Fri, Feb 28, 2014