Next Thursday, on the sacred stage of Carnegie Hall, over 20 artists will gather to pay homage to the man from Minnesota who became the Prince of pop. For a change, Prince will sit back and take it in as the likes of Elvis Costello, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Blind Boys of Alabama and more cover his 35-plus year career. The event is part of Michael Dorf’s Tribute Series, where money raised benefits music programs for underprivileged students and not-for-profit schools in the New York City area. Tickets are still available here. Sounds like the kind of night to pull out your fuchsia suit and snowy-white cravat.
More to explore in Music
- Culture Book Issue: Music Supervisor Randall Poster on 2016’s Best Music Read Mon, Jul 18, 2016
- Music Beach Bohemia Issue: Summer Playlist Fri, Jul 1, 2016
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Pre-Fall 2016 Sat, Jun 18, 2016
- Music To Do: The Rolling Stones at Saatchi Gallery Sat, Jun 4, 2016
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Memorial Day 2016 Sat, May 28, 2016