The inside track to Ziggy Stardust himself, now at the the V&A.
In January we were thrilled to celebrate David Bowie’s 66th birthday with a new single, the elegant Where Are We Now?. Then, his first album in a decade, the powerhouse The Next Day. And now to top it all off, a David Bowie retrospective at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. It’s an intoxicating cocktail of the singer’s deep and profound influence on fashion, film, photography and, of course, music — from his Seventies Ziggy Stardust bodysuits to more intimate objets, like personal sketches and diary entries. Because there’s no such thing as too much Bowie, here’s our playlist of some of our favorite songs, old and new.
More to explore in Music
- Culture Book Issue: Music Supervisor Randall Poster on 2016’s Best Music Read Mon, Jul 18, 2016
- Music Beach Bohemia Issue: Summer Playlist Fri, Jul 1, 2016
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Pre-Fall 2016 Sat, Jun 18, 2016
- Music To Do: The Rolling Stones at Saatchi Gallery Sat, Jun 4, 2016
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Memorial Day 2016 Sat, May 28, 2016