The inside track to Ziggy Stardust himself, now at the the V&A.
In January we were thrilled to celebrate David Bowie’s 66th birthday with a new single, the elegant Where Are We Now?. Then, his first album in a decade, the powerhouse The Next Day. And now to top it all off, a David Bowie retrospective at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. It’s an intoxicating cocktail of the singer’s deep and profound influence on fashion, film, photography and, of course, music — from his Seventies Ziggy Stardust bodysuits to more intimate objets, like personal sketches and diary entries. Because there’s no such thing as too much Bowie, here’s our playlist of some of our favorite songs, old and new.
More to explore in Music
- Music Lisa Robinson On: My Life in Rock & Roll Tue, Jul 29, 2014
- Music Spotlight On: Lee Ann Womack Tue, Jul 29, 2014
- Music Music Tastemaker: Holly Williams on Nashville & Stage Style Mon, Jul 28, 2014
- Music Word of Mouth: 2014, The Year of Music Anniversaries Mon, Jul 28, 2014
- Music Music Tastemaker: Anna Kendrick on First Concerts & Albums Sun, Jul 27, 2014