The inside track to Ziggy Stardust himself, now at the the V&A.
In January we were thrilled to celebrate David Bowie’s 66th birthday with a new single, the elegant Where Are We Now?. Then, his first album in a decade, the powerhouse The Next Day. And now to top it all off, a David Bowie retrospective at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. It’s an intoxicating cocktail of the singer’s deep and profound influence on fashion, film, photography and, of course, music — from his Seventies Ziggy Stardust bodysuits to more intimate objets, like personal sketches and diary entries. Because there’s no such thing as too much Bowie, here’s our playlist of some of our favorite songs, old and new.
More to explore in Music
- Music To Do: Debbie Harry at Café Carlyle Tue, Mar 24, 2015
- Music Music Supervisor Randall Poster On: Five Shows You Can’t Miss at SXSW Mon, Mar 16, 2015
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Spring 2015 Thu, Feb 26, 2015
- Music Music Supervisor Randall Poster on: Oscar-Winning Soundtracks Sun, Feb 22, 2015
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Fall 2015 Runway Tue, Feb 17, 2015