The inside track to Ziggy Stardust himself, now at the the V&A.
In January we were thrilled to celebrate David Bowie’s 66th birthday with a new single, the elegant Where Are We Now?. Then, his first album in a decade, the powerhouse The Next Day. And now to top it all off, a David Bowie retrospective at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. It’s an intoxicating cocktail of the singer’s deep and profound influence on fashion, film, photography and, of course, music — from his Seventies Ziggy Stardust bodysuits to more intimate objets, like personal sketches and diary entries. Because there’s no such thing as too much Bowie, here’s our playlist of some of our favorite songs, old and new.
More to explore in Music
- Music Word of Mouth: Van Morrison Mon, Jan 26, 2015
- Music Meet the Artist: Singer Sasha Spielberg Sun, Jan 11, 2015
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Resort 2015 Sat, Jan 10, 2015
- Music Video: David Bowie & Bing Crosby’s Little Drummer Boy Sun, Dec 21, 2014
- Music Holiday Issue: Winter Wonder 2014 Playlist Sat, Dec 13, 2014