Q: How do I wear white without looking too plain?
A: White is a perennial classic. For spring it feels fresh in interesting textures, like an open-work knit sweater, lightweight crochet jacket or fringed skirt. And it makes a great canvas for embellishments, too — sequins, embroideries and appliqués, which add a touch of glamour for day or evening. Or try sun-bleached accessories, whether simple smoking slippers or a perforated handbag. I love how they can both pull together a pale monochromatic look and pop against bright colors.
More to explore in Spring
- Spring Taj Alwan On: Smart Time Management Wed, Apr 2, 2014
- Spring Most Wanted: The Jersey Dress Mon, Mar 31, 2014
- Spring Calgary Avansino On: London & The Vogue Festival Fri, Mar 28, 2014
- Experts Entrepreneur: Sequence Designer Ariela Suster Mon, Apr 22, 2013
- Spring Street Style: Boho Bound Wed, Apr 17, 2013