What is it about Larry Gagosian’s annual Thursday night dinner at Mr. Chow that’s made it one of the hottest Oscar week invites for the last 15 years? We think it’s the eclectic mix of people from all creative walks. You might find yourself enjoying squab-in-lettuce wraps next to Anjelica Huston or waiting in the valet line behind Tom Ford. Or discussing appropriation in fashion vs. art with Richard Prince, whose new Cowboys exhibit at the Beverly Hills Gagosian Gallery is the cause for this year’s celebration. While the guest list changes each year, there’s one thing you can count on: cool conversations about subjects other than just movies — a near impossibility during Oscar week.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book of the Week: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Peter Lindbergh at Gagosian Gallery Sun, Sep 14, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Claiborne Swanson Frank’s Young Hollywood Mon, Sep 1, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Every Mother Counts’ Clancy McCarty Wed, Aug 20, 2014