What is it about Larry Gagosian’s annual Thursday night dinner at Mr. Chow that’s made it one of the hottest Oscar week invites for the last 15 years? We think it’s the eclectic mix of people from all creative walks. You might find yourself enjoying squab-in-lettuce wraps next to Anjelica Huston or waiting in the valet line behind Tom Ford. Or discussing appropriation in fashion vs. art with Richard Prince, whose new Cowboys exhibit at the Beverly Hills Gagosian Gallery is the cause for this year’s celebration. While the guest list changes each year, there’s one thing you can count on: cool conversations about subjects other than just movies — a near impossibility during Oscar week.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015