Today, all eyes were on a certain American in Paris — we’re talking Alexander Wang and his debut at Balenciaga, of course. But the Stateside invasion doesn’t stop here. There’s a restaurant in the 9th arrondissement that pulses to a New York state of mind: La Maison Mère, which serves up a mean fish taco, bacon cheeseburger and cheesecake — as well as a dish called L’Assiette Long Island, with smoked salmon and blinis. The fashion set’s already made the bistro its own. Consider it maison sweet maison for your comfort-food fix.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Condé Nast Traveler’s Yolanda Edwards On: Travels with Her Daughter Clara Mon, May 4, 2015
- Travel Getaway: Jewelry Designer Jennifer Alfano’s Montego Bay Sun, Apr 26, 2015
- Travel Insider’s Guide: Boutique Owner Alexandra Oppmann’s Cuba Sat, Apr 25, 2015
- Style Milan Issue: Flagship Party & Vogue Italia Dinner Tue, Apr 21, 2015
- Travel Milan Issue: Day in the Life, Tory in Milan Tue, Apr 21, 2015