Today, all eyes were on a certain American in Paris — we’re talking Alexander Wang and his debut at Balenciaga, of course. But the Stateside invasion doesn’t stop here. There’s a restaurant in the 9th arrondissement that pulses to a New York state of mind: La Maison Mère, which serves up a mean fish taco, bacon cheeseburger and cheesecake — as well as a dish called L’Assiette Long Island, with smoked salmon and blinis. The fashion set’s already made the bistro its own. Consider it maison sweet maison for your comfort-food fix.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Word of Mouth: We’re in L.A.! Sun, Feb 22, 2015
- Travel Model Jeísa Chiminazzo on: Carnaval! Fri, Feb 13, 2015
- Entertaining Top 10: Floral Designer Maria Villalba’s Favorite Gardens Thu, Feb 5, 2015
- Travel Spotlight On: Martina Mondadori Sartogo’s TB Milan Party (and City Guide) Wed, Jan 28, 2015
- Travel Getaway: Jewelry Designer Tracy Palac Duñgo’s Hawaii Sun, Jan 18, 2015