Today, all eyes were on a certain American in Paris — we’re talking Alexander Wang and his debut at Balenciaga, of course. But the Stateside invasion doesn’t stop here. There’s a restaurant in the 9th arrondissement that pulses to a New York state of mind: La Maison Mère, which serves up a mean fish taco, bacon cheeseburger and cheesecake — as well as a dish called L’Assiette Long Island, with smoked salmon and blinis. The fashion set’s already made the bistro its own. Consider it maison sweet maison for your comfort-food fix.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Expert Guide: Jewelry Designer Saskia Diez’s Germany Fri, Sep 19, 2014
- Travel Spotlight On: Beautiful Tennis Courts Sun, Aug 31, 2014
- Travel Julia Chaplin On: Gypset Living Spaces Sat, Aug 30, 2014
- Travel Getaway: Molly Guy’s Maine Coast Fri, Aug 29, 2014
- Travel Photographers Glen Luchford & Doug Bruce On: <br>Venice Beach & The Rose Hotel Wed, Aug 27, 2014