They don’t call New York the city that never sleeps for nothing. We kick off fashion week here with an ode to Gotham’s twilight hours. As New York at Night: Photography after Dark shows, the city comes alive when the sun sets. With shots from Richard Avedon, Guy Bourdin, Diane Arbus, Stanley Kubrick, Nan Goldin, Ryan McGinley and more, the book’s a seductive and electrifying slideshow of the city pulsing through the ages. And like New York itself, there’s a little of everything, from the glittering and glamorous to the gritty and deliciously debauched.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 7.6.17 To Do: Kitty Chou at Hong Kong’s Ben Brown Fine Arts
- Culture 7.2.17 To Do: Ed Ruscha’s Nine Swimming Pools & A Broken Glass at L.A.’s Kopeikin Gallery
- Culture 6.26.17 Exhibits We Love: Magnum Photos’ 70th Anniversary
- Culture 6.24.17 Beach Bohemia: Best Summer Beach Reads
- Culture 6.23.17 Meet the Artist: Jocelyn Hobbie