The Centre Pompidou-Metz in Paris has been holding a major retrospective of Minimal and Conceptual art pioneer Sol LeWitt, complete with 33 of his massive wall drawings. Now Stateside fans can immerse themselves in the artist’s oeuvre with the upcoming U.S. release of Sol LeWitt. An in-depth monograph that covers his career from start to finish, it’s an eye-opener, especially if your LeWitt 411 is limited to those oft-quoted grids and cubes. For instance: Did you know his first gig out of school was manning the photocopy machine at teen glossy Seventeen? Yeah, we didn’t either.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: TBF & Women Rule Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Culture Tastemakers: The de Purys on Art Basel & Gifts for the Art Lover Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Quote of the Day: Nelson Mandela Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: A Generation Born Free Mon, Nov 25, 2013