Night Panther on their catchy song Snudge (featured in our Resort 2013 video) and making sex pop.
What exactly is “snudge”?
We’re unsure if “snudge” is a technical word. The song is about being perpetually stuck in uncomfortable situations with lovers, friends and family. The word snudge sounds like being helplessly stuck, regardless of its actual meaning (if there is one).
Define your sound…
“Sex Pop” — pop music that looks, feels and sounds sexy.
How did you meet and what made you think, ‘Must make music together’?
Long story short, we met in high school. This girl would throw a huge party every week for about a month and we always saw each other there. We’ve been in bands together ever since, but it was never quite exactly the music we wanted to make. As soon as we realized that, we started Night Panther.
Album or artist that changed your life.
Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen and A Night at the Opera by Queen.
What are you listening to right now?
Lots of top 40 radio, Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark, and Dean Martin.
More to explore in Culture
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: The Great Beauty Fri, Feb 28, 2014