We’re putting a new spin on pinning (and repinning). Every model from our Fall 2012 runway show wore our new jeweled floral hair clips in their undone-yet-sophisticated updos — and it’s a look you can easily do yourself.
First, prep with texturing spray, then blast with hairspray. Grab hair into a low ponytail, twist and pin up into a loose bun or chignon. Keep some strays — it’s part of the charm.
The finishing touch? Our vintage-inspired ladylike clips, whether you scatter multiple or just one. “Place randomly,” advises Eugene Souleiman, our hairstyling maestro. “It’s not wedding hair.”
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty Expert Guide: Drs. Elizabeth K. Hale & Julie K. Karen on Skincare 101 Tue, May 10, 2016
- Beauty Spotlight On: Beauty Editor Napassorn “Momay” Buranasiri Thu, Mar 10, 2016
- Beauty Fall/Winter 2016: Backstage Beauty & Hair Wed, Feb 17, 2016
- Beauty NYFW To Visit: The Greenwich Hotel Spa Tue, Feb 9, 2016
- Beauty Meet the Blogger: Khulood Al Ali Sun, Jan 31, 2016