This book is so big, it comes with its own tote bag. Inside The Impossible Collection of Jewelry, jewelry historian Vivienne Becker chronicles a modern history of bijoux, touching on some of our all-time favorites, like Verdura’s creations for Chanel and Art Nouveau objets. This isn’t a book you casually read in bed. It’s more a tome to be poured over — especially for those on your gift list who love the sparkly stuff.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book of the Week: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Peter Lindbergh at Gagosian Gallery Sun, Sep 14, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Claiborne Swanson Frank’s Young Hollywood Mon, Sep 1, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014