Q: What are your Thanksgiving plans?
A: The day revolves around our whole family gathering for a big family meal. It’s the kind of chaos I love — a lot of talking, laughing and eating. We’re at the table for hours, so it has to be something we feel comfortable around. And since I’m not a big cook, I’m happy to take over décor duty. I like a lot of tea lights and use my favorite pieces, like monogrammed linens I’ve had for a while and Imari vases filled with fresh flowers and berries (keeping the arrangement low so we can see each other across the table). I mix up fall oranges and purples with a little hot pink.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Interior Designer Jacques Grange Fri, Aug 15, 2014
- Entertaining Insta-Scene: The Tabletop Mon, Aug 4, 2014
- Entertaining Meet the Bloggers: The New Potato’s Danielle & Laura Kosann Mon, Aug 4, 2014
- Entertaining Expert Guide: Victoria Amory’s Mustard 101 Sun, Aug 3, 2014
- Entertaining Day in the Life: Chef Adam Ben’Ous Sun, Aug 3, 2014