Q: What are your Thanksgiving plans?
A: The day revolves around our whole family gathering for a big family meal. It’s the kind of chaos I love — a lot of talking, laughing and eating. We’re at the table for hours, so it has to be something we feel comfortable around. And since I’m not a big cook, I’m happy to take over décor duty. I like a lot of tea lights and use my favorite pieces, like monogrammed linens I’ve had for a while and Imari vases filled with fresh flowers and berries (keeping the arrangement low so we can see each other across the table). I mix up fall oranges and purples with a little hot pink.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Easter Lunch Sat, Apr 19, 2014
- Entertaining Insta-Flowers: Dutch Flower Line Fri, Apr 18, 2014
- Entertaining Recipe: Le Bilboquet’s Salad Niçoise Wed, Apr 16, 2014
- Entertaining Jane Scott Hodges On: The Art of Fine Linens Wed, Apr 9, 2014
- Entertaining Recipe: Lesley M. M. Blume’s The Robinson Crusoe Fri, Mar 21, 2014