Q: What are your Thanksgiving plans?
A: The day revolves around our whole family gathering for a big family meal. It’s the kind of chaos I love — a lot of talking, laughing and eating. We’re at the table for hours, so it has to be something we feel comfortable around. And since I’m not a big cook, I’m happy to take over décor duty. I like a lot of tea lights and use my favorite pieces, like monogrammed linens I’ve had for a while and Imari vases filled with fresh flowers and berries (keeping the arrangement low so we can see each other across the table). I mix up fall oranges and purples with a little hot pink.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Asia Baker On: Interior Style Mon, Jul 21, 2014
- Entertaining Claude Wasserstein On: Rooftop Gardening Sat, Jul 19, 2014
- Entertaining Expert Guide: Roxanne Palin’s Juice Press Life Thu, Jul 17, 2014
- Entertaining Word of Mouth: Raw Vegan Blonde Wed, Jul 16, 2014
- Entertaining Recipe: Uxua’s World Cup Cocktail Sat, Jul 12, 2014