The Percival designer on all things British, from London style to his MI6 genes.
British style is…
Defined by London (though it probably isn’t representative of the UK). London style can be innovative, proactive and can set trends for the world to follow.
The chicest Brit of all time…
Michael Caine, circa Alfie/The Italian Job — his Cockney swagger and effortless sartorial style embody what most men should aspire to. Also, my granddad, who was a spy for MI6 during WWII and the Cold War. In every picture he had a cigar, silk scarf and tweed jacket.
The movies that show British style at its best…
From Russia with Love, The Heroes of Telemark and A Single Man.
Percival is inspired by…
Pictures of our childhood and what we wore as children. Wool and woven textiles from the British Isles. Our reinterpretation of classic styles.
When packing for a trip to London, don’t forget…
A lightweight rain mac and some brogues.
More to explore in Style
- Style Meet the Stylist: Martha Ward Wed, Apr 16, 2014
- Style New on the Scene: Louisa & Pookie Burch’s Trademark Mon, Apr 14, 2014
- Style Editors’ Style Tip: Coachella Chic Fri, Apr 11, 2014
- Style Street Style: Zina Charkoplia’s Scarlet Fever Thu, Apr 10, 2014
- Style Workweek Chic: Spotlight on the Sheath Tue, Apr 8, 2014