The CEO of British costume jeweler VICKISARGE clues us in on where to go and what to see in London — just in time for London Fashion Week.
February packing essentials for London…
Bath oil or essence — constant warm soaks are needed to throw the damp London chill. A hat!
Secret only a local would know…
VICKISARGE on Elizabeth Street in Belgravia for the ultimate in fashion jewelry. The Buckingham Palace flag only flies at full staff when the Queen is in residence. And the most famous pub in Wilton Row, The Grenadier, is charming and uniquely London.
Go-to spot for lunch with editors…
I’m usually on the run and opt for a quick bite at itsu on the Strand near Somerset House — love their Go Go Pots. Another favorite is Rose Bakery, on Dover Street Market’s top floor. Great food, great fashion.
Favorite spot for an end-of-day cocktail…
Claridge’s Bar. Always the bustling cocktail scene of Frieze, London design fairs and Fashion Week. I don’t really drink, but if I’m going to sip on something, it’s usually a vodka martini.
If you’re in the mood for dancing…
Head to Loulou’s — a chic nightclub lounge downstairs at 5 Hertford Street.
Best place for a traditional English meal…
Scott’s on Mount Street for smoked salmon, shepherd’s pie and Dover sole.
More to explore in Travel
- Beauty Meet the Blogger: Khulood Al Ali Sun, Jan 31, 2016
- Travel Sheikha Raya Al-Khalifa On: Qatar Culture Thu, Jan 28, 2016
- Travel Entrepreneurs: Away’s Stephanie Korey & Jen Rubio Fri, Jan 15, 2016
- Travel To Visit: Utah’s Amangiri Resort Fri, Jan 8, 2016
- Travel Holiday Issue: ITB CEO Emma Grede’s London Christmas Sun, Dec 20, 2015