The CEO of British costume jeweler VICKISARGE clues us in on where to go and what to see in London — just in time for London Fashion Week.
February packing essentials for London…
Bath oil or essence — constant warm soaks are needed to throw the damp London chill. A hat!
Secret only a local would know…
VICKISARGE on Elizabeth Street in Belgravia for the ultimate in fashion jewelry. The Buckingham Palace flag only flies at full staff when the Queen is in residence. And the most famous pub in Wilton Row, The Grenadier, is charming and uniquely London.
Go-to spot for lunch with editors…
I’m usually on the run and opt for a quick bite at itsu on the Strand near Somerset House — love their Go Go Pots. Another favorite is Rose Bakery, on Dover Street Market’s top floor. Great food, great fashion.
Favorite spot for an end-of-day cocktail…
Claridge’s Bar. Always the bustling cocktail scene of Frieze, London design fairs and Fashion Week. I don’t really drink, but if I’m going to sip on something, it’s usually a vodka martini.
If you’re in the mood for dancing…
Head to Loulou’s — a chic nightclub lounge downstairs at 5 Hertford Street.
Best place for a traditional English meal…
Scott’s on Mount Street for smoked salmon, shepherd’s pie and Dover sole.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Insider’s Guide: Coqui Coqui’s Francesca Bonato’s Tulum Wed, Apr 1, 2015
- Travel Top 10: Designer Emily Diamandis’ West Coast Road Trip Wed, Apr 1, 2015
- Travel Getaway Guide: Bohemian Destinations Sat, Mar 21, 2015
- Culture To Read: Thomas Campbell’s Seeing Fatima’s Eyes Thu, Mar 19, 2015
- Travel Insta-Scene: Palm Beach Living Fri, Mar 13, 2015