For some, the first day of the year is marked by sleeping in; for others, it’s all about logging miles at the gym. Then there are those of us who start the day off with… a post-party hangover. The best cure, as far as we’re concerned? The hair of the dog. And since today also happens to be National Bloody Mary Day, we turned to the bartenders at Manhattan’s storied King Cole Bar in the St. Regis, where the cocktail was allegedly invented back in 1934 — and coined The Red Snapper, a more appropriate name for its chic clientele. Here, the bar — recently revamped by John DeLucie — shares its secret recipe with us.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Mother’s Day Menu Mon, May 4, 2015
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Chef April Bloomfield Fri, Apr 24, 2015
- Entertaining To Read: Bunny Williams On Garden Style Wed, Apr 22, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Valentina Scambia’s Guide to the Entertaining Scene Sat, Apr 18, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Gelato in the City Wed, Apr 15, 2015