For some, the first day of the year is marked by sleeping in; for others, it’s all about logging miles at the gym. Then there are those of us who start the day off with… a post-party hangover. The best cure, as far as we’re concerned? The hair of the dog. And since today also happens to be National Bloody Mary Day, we turned to the bartenders at Manhattan’s storied King Cole Bar in the St. Regis, where the cocktail was allegedly invented back in 1934 — and coined The Red Snapper, a more appropriate name for its chic clientele. Here, the bar — recently revamped by John DeLucie — shares its secret recipe with us.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Mentorship: Momofuku’s Sue Chan Mon, Aug 25, 2014
- Entertaining As Seen In: Architectural Digest Sun, Aug 24, 2014
- Entertaining Mentorship: Interior Designer Bunny Williams Sat, Aug 23, 2014
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Interior Designer Jacques Grange Fri, Aug 15, 2014
- Entertaining Insta-Scene: The Tabletop Mon, Aug 4, 2014