For some, the first day of the year is marked by sleeping in; for others, it’s all about logging miles at the gym. Then there are those of us who start the day off with… a post-party hangover. The best cure, as far as we’re concerned? The hair of the dog. And since today also happens to be National Bloody Mary Day, we turned to the bartenders at Manhattan’s storied King Cole Bar in the St. Regis, where the cocktail was allegedly invented back in 1934 — and coined The Red Snapper, a more appropriate name for its chic clientele. Here, the bar — recently revamped by John DeLucie — shares its secret recipe with us.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Meet the Restaurateur: The Palm’s Bruce Bozzi, Jr. Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Fall 2015 Post-Show Lunch Wed, Feb 18, 2015
- Entertaining NYFW Word of Mouth: Aire Ancient Baths Wed, Feb 11, 2015
- Entertaining NYFW Guide: Photographer Douglas Friedman’s New York Nights Sat, Feb 7, 2015