When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 8.13.17 To Visit: Hawaii’s Kauai Island
- Travel 8.12.17 Getaway Guide: Designer Cathryn Minoli’s Hidden Town of Punta Ala
- Travel 8.11.17 Postcard from Mallorca & Marrakech: Interior Designer Ariel Ashe’s Top 5 Things to Do
- Travel 8.10.17 Author Holly Peterson On: The Hamptons
- Travel 8.10.17 Getaway Guide: 24 Hours in Cartagena with Designer Paula Mendoza