When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel China Issue: Spotlight on Panjiayuan Market Sat, Oct 22, 2016
- Travel China Issue: Photographer Flashback, The Great Wall Fri, Oct 21, 2016
- Travel China Issue: To Visit, Beijing’s Favorite Local Haunts Thu, Oct 20, 2016
- Travel China Issue: To Visit, Shanghai’s Favorite Local Haunts Tue, Oct 18, 2016
- Travel China Issue: Tory on Shanghai & Beijing Tue, Oct 18, 2016