When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 7.20.17 Indagare’s Missy Weil On: Top 5 2017 Destinations
- Travel 6.29.17 Beach Bohemia: Spotlight on The Island Store in the Bahamas
- Style 6.27.17 Beach Bohemia: Postcard from the Bahamas
- Travel 6.8.17 Getaway Guide: Around the World with Sofia Sanchez de Betak
- Travel 5.31.17 World of Mouth: Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve