When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Getaway: Camila Coelho’s Greece Sat, Oct 24, 2015
- Travel Getaway Guide: Fathom Founders on the Best Fall Destinations Fri, Oct 23, 2015
- Travel To Visit: Bali’s Como Shambhala Estate Wed, Oct 21, 2015
- Travel Top 10: Photographer Whitney Tressel’s Australia Adventure Mon, Oct 19, 2015
- Travel The Painting: The Palazzo Setting Sat, Oct 17, 2015