When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Culture Happy Bastille Day! Tue, Jul 14, 2015
- Travel Paris Issue: Buly 1803’s Victoire de Taillac’s Insider’s Guide Thu, Jul 9, 2015
- Travel Paris Issue: Day in the Life, Tory in Paris Tue, Jul 7, 2015
- Travel Paris Issue: Actress Mélanie Laurent’s Insider’s Guide Sun, Jul 5, 2015
- Travel Paris Issue: Tory’s City Guide Sun, Jul 5, 2015