When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Style 5.28.17 To Visit: Colony Palms Hotel (+ Vacation Style Tips!)
- Travel 5.25.17 London Issue: To Visit, Soho Farmhouse
- Style 5.22.17 London Issue: Alice Naylor Leyland’s Insider’s Guide
- Travel 5.21.17 London Issue: Tory’s Love Letter to London
- Travel 5.20.17 London Issue: Spotlight on Great Gardens of London