When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 1.20.17 To Visit: Chris Blackwell’s Island Outpost Resorts
- Entertaining 1.18.17 Meet the Restaurateur: Three Little Birds’ April Jackson
- Style 1.10.17 Word of Mouth: LaDoubleJ x Hotel Esencia
- Sport 12.26.16 Tory’s Pro Shop: To Visit, Ultimate Ski Destinations
- Travel 12.22.16 Holiday Issue: Worldwide Yuletide