When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Entertaining Insider’s Guide: Tart Caterer Jemima Jones’ London Wed, Jul 1, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Author Kevin Kwan on China Rich Girlfriend Tue, Jun 30, 2015
- Travel Book Issue: Boat Magazine’s Erin Spens on Best Books for the Globetrotter Sat, Jun 27, 2015
- Culture Hotelier Ian Schrager On: Collaborations & Staying Ahead of the Curve Sun, Jun 7, 2015
- Travel Getaway: Blogger Lucy Williams’ Ibiza Sun, Jun 7, 2015