When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel The Wall Group’s Kate Stirling On: My Memorial Day Plans Fri, May 27, 2016
- Travel Getaway: Model Amalie Gassmann’s Amangiri Thu, May 26, 2016
- Travel To Visit: Dominican Republic’s Casa De Campo Sat, May 21, 2016
- Travel Spotlight On: Tory Burch x Glithero Spongeware Installation in Milan Sat, Apr 16, 2016
- Travel Curator Silvana Annicchiarico On: Salone del Mobile Sat, Apr 16, 2016