When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 1.29.18 Wellness Issue: Art Dealer & Auctioneer Simon de Pury on Romania’s Therme București
- Travel 1.26.18 Wellness Issue: Ally Walsh & Casey Wojtalewicz’s Insider Guide to Healthy Living in L.A.
- Travel 1.26.18 Wellness Issue: Best Hot Springs & Thermal Spas Around the World
- Travel 1.17.18 Video: Tory’s Love Letter to Tokyo
- Travel 1.9.18 To Visit: Tokyo’s Yakumo Saryo Restaurant