When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel To Visit: Amalfi Coast’s Villa Tre Ville Sun, Sep 25, 2016
- Travel Getaway Guide: The Voyageur’s Pauline Chardin’s Granada Thu, Jul 28, 2016
- Culture Book Issue: World’s Most Unusual Libraries Fri, Jul 15, 2016
- Travel Getaway Guide: The Voyageur’s Pauline Chardin’s Málaga Mon, Jul 11, 2016
- Travel Word of Mouth: Raden’s Smart Luggage Fri, Jul 8, 2016