When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel London Issue: To Visit, Artesian Bar Thu, Dec 8, 2016
- Travel London Issue: To Do, Christmas Market at Tate Modern Wed, Dec 7, 2016
- Travel London Issue: Jewelry Designer Elizabeth Gage’s Insider Guide Mon, Dec 5, 2016
- Travel Spotlight On: The London Issue Fri, Dec 2, 2016
- Style Tory Story: @Bat_Gio Insta-Scene, Graphic Fri, Nov 18, 2016