When it comes to idle beach escapes, Germany isn’t exactly the first destination to spring to mind. But next time you’re jetting off to Munich, where we’ve opened a new store, you can always stop over in the little-known Frisian Islands, in the northeast corner of the country, for some R&R. Sylt is home to 600 species of butterflies — and an annual windsurfing World Cup — while quiet hideaways Langeoog and Borkum (above) offer biking trails, endless beaches and, for the city weary, car-free zones.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Spotlight On: Beautiful Tennis Courts Sun, Aug 31, 2014
- Travel Julia Chaplin On: Gypset Living Spaces Sat, Aug 30, 2014
- Travel Getaway: Molly Guy’s Maine Coast Fri, Aug 29, 2014
- Travel Photographers Glen Luchford & Doug Bruce On: <br>Venice Beach & The Rose Hotel Wed, Aug 27, 2014
- Travel Insta-Scene: Waterside Wed, Aug 27, 2014