Rena Sindi’s elaborate and richly imagined theme parties dazzled New York society for over a decade — from her all-nighter toga bacchanalia, where guests were fed grapes from golden trays, to her 1001 Arabian Nights fête, which turned an Upper East Side restaurant into an exotic pleasure den, complete with belly dancers. With New Year’s around the corner, we look to her book, Be My Guest: Theme Party Savoir-Faire, for some over-the-top party-planning pointers. With lush visuals from photographer Jessica Craig Martin, it not only chronicles 14 of her show-stopping parties but includes the renowned hostess’ detailed tips for throwing an unforgettable event. Hot Hacienda bash, anyone?
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Tory’s Table Thu, Aug 28, 2014
- Entertaining Mentorship: Momofuku’s Sue Chan Mon, Aug 25, 2014
- Entertaining As Seen In: Architectural Digest Sun, Aug 24, 2014
- Entertaining Mentorship: Interior Designer Bunny Williams Sat, Aug 23, 2014
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Interior Designer Jacques Grange Fri, Aug 15, 2014