Did you know that more than 90 percent of HIV infections result from mother-to-child transmission? Or that last year, 260,000 babies were affected? Here’s an even more alarming stat for you: All it takes to prevent it is one pill a day.
Now, there’s a new initiative to help the cause, Born Free, which, with the support of the CFDA, Vogue and Amazon Fashion, is teaming up with 23 designers — all mothers — on a special collection, available at Shopbop next spring. Tory’s participating, along with Carolina Herrera, Diane von Furstenberg, Miuccia Prada, Donna Karan and others. To learn more about the campaign, watch the video above.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.15.17 Meet the photographer: André Vicente Gonçalves
- Culture 11.7.17 Entrepreneur Issue: TheSkimm Founders Share Their Best Business Advice
- Culture 11.6.17 To Do: Toyin Ojih Odutola at the Whitney
- Culture 11.5.17 Entrepreneur Issue: To Read, George Lois’ Damn Good Advice
- Culture 11.4.17 Entrepreneur Issue: Illustrator Adriana Picker on Creativity & Staying Motivated