Did you know that more than 90 percent of HIV infections result from mother-to-child transmission? Or that last year, 260,000 babies were affected? Here’s an even more alarming stat for you: All it takes to prevent it is one pill a day.
Now, there’s a new initiative to help the cause, Born Free, which, with the support of the CFDA, Vogue and Amazon Fashion, is teaming up with 23 designers — all mothers — on a special collection, available at Shopbop next spring. Tory’s participating, along with Carolina Herrera, Diane von Furstenberg, Miuccia Prada, Donna Karan and others. To learn more about the campaign, watch the video above.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Taurus Mon, Apr 27, 2015
- Culture Milan Issue: Architect Marie-Louise Sciò’s Guide to the Art & Design Scene Fri, Apr 17, 2015
- Culture Milan Issue: Lettuce Ware Art Installation at Tory Burch Thu, Apr 16, 2015
- Culture Milan Issue: Meet Artist Bethan Laura Wood Thu, Apr 16, 2015
- Culture Milan Issue: Curator Caroline Corbetta on Salone del Mobile Tue, Apr 14, 2015