Did you know that more than 90 percent of HIV infections result from mother-to-child transmission? Or that last year, 260,000 babies were affected? Here’s an even more alarming stat for you: All it takes to prevent it is one pill a day.
Now, there’s a new initiative to help the cause, Bornfree, which, with the support of the CFDA, Vogue and Amazon Fashion, is teaming up with 23 designers — all mothers — on a special collection, available at Shopbop next spring. Tory’s participating, along with Carolina Herrera, Diane von Furstenberg, Miuccia Prada, Donna Karan and others. To learn more about the campaign, watch the video above.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Dr. Sam On: The Psychology of Time Management Sun, Mar 9, 2014
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014