Did you know that more than 90 percent of HIV infections result from mother-to-child transmission? Or that last year, 260,000 babies were affected? Here’s an even more alarming stat for you: All it takes to prevent it is one pill a day.
Now, there’s a new initiative to help the cause, Born Free, which, with the support of the CFDA, Vogue and Amazon Fashion, is teaming up with 23 designers — all mothers — on a special collection, available at Shopbop next spring. Tory’s participating, along with Carolina Herrera, Diane von Furstenberg, Miuccia Prada, Donna Karan and others. To learn more about the campaign, watch the video above.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 7.21.17 What’s Your Sign? Leo
- Culture 7.6.17 To Do: Kitty Chou at Hong Kong’s Ben Brown Fine Arts
- Culture 7.2.17 To Do: Ed Ruscha’s Nine Swimming Pools & A Broken Glass at L.A.’s Kopeikin Gallery
- Culture 6.26.17 Exhibits We Love: Magnum Photos’ 70th Anniversary
- Culture 6.24.17 Beach Bohemia: Best Summer Beach Reads