Did you know that more than 90 percent of HIV infections result from mother-to-child transmission? Or that last year, 260,000 babies were affected? Here’s an even more alarming stat for you: All it takes to prevent it is one pill a day.
Now, there’s a new initiative to help the cause, Born Free, which, with the support of the CFDA, Vogue and Amazon Fashion, is teaming up with 23 designers — all mothers — on a special collection, available at Shopbop next spring. Tory’s participating, along with Carolina Herrera, Diane von Furstenberg, Miuccia Prada, Donna Karan and others. To learn more about the campaign, watch the video above.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Wimbledon Flashback (McEnroe vs. Borg!) Wed, Jul 1, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Author Kevin Kwan on China Rich Girlfriend Tue, Jun 30, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Actor & Comedian Aziz Ansari on Texts & Love Mon, Jun 29, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Painter Natasha Law on Books to Inspire a Young Artist Sun, Jun 28, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Meet the New Authors on the Scene Sat, Jun 27, 2015