What is it about New York greenery? We can’t get enough — from Long Island’s Old Westbury Gardens (seen in our Holiday 2013 lookbook) to the above parterre at the Bedford home of storied interior designer Stephen Sills. The latter is just one of the many beautiful locales in Sills’ new eponymous tome Stephen Sills: Decoration. Featured alongside his own aforementioned 22-acre estate — which Karl Lagerfeld has called “the chicest house in America” — there are 15 other homes, all captured by François Halard to breathtaking effect. From Fifth Avenue to Aspen, each plays on variations of Sills’ signature muted palette and refined mix of antique and modern.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Gemini Sun, May 31, 2015
- Culture Meet the Innovator: Harvard Professor Kit Parker Sun, May 31, 2015
- Culture To Read: Richard Diebenkorn Thu, May 21, 2015
- Culture To See: Niki de Saint Phalle at Guggenheim Bilbao Mon, May 18, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Cannes 2015 Sat, May 16, 2015