The last time Paul McDonough had a show at the Sasha Wolf Gallery on the Lower East Side, the photographer captured the urban turf of New York City in the Seventies. This time, with his current Sight Seeing exhibit, he turns his lens on the sunnier stomping grounds of California and Florida. The nostalgic allure, spontaneity and intimacy of his images, though, remain the same. You’re both a voyeur of this bygone era and a part of it.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.21.17 Dr. Samantha Boardman On: The Psychology of Home & Hearth for the Holidays
- Culture 11.21.17 To Read: Books About Coming Home
- Culture 11.15.17 Meet the photographer: André Vicente Gonçalves
- Culture 11.11.17 Word of Mouth: Sotheby’s Jacques Grange Auction
- Culture 11.7.17 Entrepreneur Issue: TheSkimm Founders Share Their Best Business Advice