The last time Paul McDonough had a show at the Sasha Wolf Gallery on the Lower East Side, the photographer captured the urban turf of New York City in the Seventies. This time, with his current Sight Seeing exhibit, he turns his lens on the sunnier stomping grounds of California and Florida. The nostalgic allure, spontaneity and intimacy of his images, though, remain the same. You’re both a voyeur of this bygone era and a part of it.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 5.20.17 London Issue: To Do, David Hockney at Tate Britain
- Culture 5.12.17 Mother’s Day: Wunderhaus’ Shirley Erskine-Schreyer on Parenting & Family Surprises
- Culture 5.12.17 Mother’s Day: To Do, Celebrate Moms
- Culture 5.12.17 Mother’s Day: To Read, Sophie Calle’s Rachel Monique
- Culture 5.11.17 Mother’s Day: Tastemakers on Mom’s Best Advice