The last time Paul McDonough had a show at the Sasha Wolf Gallery on the Lower East Side, the photographer captured the urban turf of New York City in the Seventies. This time, with his current Sight Seeing exhibit, he turns his lens on the sunnier stomping grounds of California and Florida. The nostalgic allure, spontaneity and intimacy of his images, though, remain the same. You’re both a voyeur of this bygone era and a part of it.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Photographer Shana Novak & The Heirloomist Sat, Oct 15, 2016
- Culture To Read: Michelle Nussbaumer’s Wanderlust Sat, Oct 15, 2016
- Culture Tory Daily’s HOT! List: Fall 2016 Tue, Oct 11, 2016
- Culture To Read: Slim Aarons’ Women Sat, Oct 8, 2016
- Culture Spotlight On: Gagosian Gallery’s Sarah Hoover Mon, Oct 3, 2016