The last time Paul McDonough had a show at the Sasha Wolf Gallery on the Lower East Side, the photographer captured the urban turf of New York City in the Seventies. This time, with his current Sight Seeing exhibit, he turns his lens on the sunnier stomping grounds of California and Florida. The nostalgic allure, spontaneity and intimacy of his images, though, remain the same. You’re both a voyeur of this bygone era and a part of it.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Holiday Issue: Artist Mary Nelson Sinclair on Color, More Color & Best Gifts Sat, Dec 20, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Culture To Do: Beatriz Milhazes at Pérez Art Museum Miami Sun, Dec 7, 2014
- Culture Art Advisor Maria Brito On: Lifestyling the Home Sat, Dec 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Michele Oka Doner at Christie’s Fri, Dec 5, 2014