The last time Paul McDonough had a show at the Sasha Wolf Gallery on the Lower East Side, the photographer captured the urban turf of New York City in the Seventies. This time, with his current Sight Seeing exhibit, he turns his lens on the sunnier stomping grounds of California and Florida. The nostalgic allure, spontaneity and intimacy of his images, though, remain the same. You’re both a voyeur of this bygone era and a part of it.
More to explore in Culture
- Beauty 2.2.17 Love Relentlessly: Meet the Artist, Meghann Stephenson
- Culture 1.27.17 Lunar New Year: Thierry Chow’s Feng Shui Tips to Maximize Good Fortune
- Culture 1.26.17 Lunar New Year: Astrologer Susie Cox on the Year of the Fire Rooster
- Culture 1.24.17 Tory On: The Lunar New Year
- Culture 1.23.17 To Do: William J. O’Brien at Marianne Boesky