The last time Paul McDonough had a show at the Sasha Wolf Gallery on the Lower East Side, the photographer captured the urban turf of New York City in the Seventies. This time, with his current Sight Seeing exhibit, he turns his lens on the sunnier stomping grounds of California and Florida. The nostalgic allure, spontaneity and intimacy of his images, though, remain the same. You’re both a voyeur of this bygone era and a part of it.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Richard Diebenkorn Thu, May 21, 2015
- Culture To See: Niki de Saint Phalle at Guggenheim Bilbao Mon, May 18, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Cannes 2015 Sat, May 16, 2015
- Culture Insider’s Guide: Bettina Prentice’s Frieze NY Thu, May 14, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Teresita Fernández’s Madison Square Park Takeover Mon, May 11, 2015