The last time Paul McDonough had a show at the Sasha Wolf Gallery on the Lower East Side, the photographer captured the urban turf of New York City in the Seventies. This time, with his current Sight Seeing exhibit, he turns his lens on the sunnier stomping grounds of California and Florida. The nostalgic allure, spontaneity and intimacy of his images, though, remain the same. You’re both a voyeur of this bygone era and a part of it.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Meet the Artist: Katherine Bernhardt Mon, Oct 12, 2015
- Culture Spotlight On: Voltz Clarke Gallery’s Blair Clarke Fri, Oct 9, 2015
- Culture To Do: Shooting For Stardust at Taschen Gallery Thu, Oct 8, 2015
- Culture To Do: The Fabric of India at the Victoria & Albert Museum Tue, Oct 6, 2015
- Culture To Read: Eric Morse’s What Is Punk? Sun, Oct 4, 2015