Short of lighting patchouli (which would compete with the food) or sitting on the floor (uncomfortable for the long, conversational haul), you can add hints of hippie to a casual brunch or lunch. The vibe is strictly laid-back, as Tory did, using hand-painted blue and white clay cups and plates she found in Tulum, and minimal, earthy linens. The focal point, as ever, is a beautiful in-season arrangement that plays into the table’s colors.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Culture 6.15.17 Entrepreneurs: Iksel Decorative Arts’ Mehmet & Dimonah Iksel
- Entertaining 6.9.17 To Visit: Gracias Madre in Los Angeles
- Entertaining 6.5.17 Spotlight On: Heath Ceramics
- Culture 5.30.17 To Read: Nina Freudenberger’s Surf Shack
- Entertaining 5.25.17 London Issue: Word of Mouth, Isabel Mayfair