Short of lighting patchouli (which would compete with the food) or sitting on the floor (uncomfortable for the long, conversational haul), you can add hints of hippie to a casual brunch or lunch. The vibe is strictly laid-back, as Tory did, using hand-painted blue and white clay cups and plates she found in Tulum, and minimal, earthy linens. The focal point, as ever, is a beautiful in-season arrangement that plays into the table’s colors.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Meet the Restaurateur: The Palm’s Bruce Bozzi, Jr. Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Fall 2015 Post-Show Lunch Wed, Feb 18, 2015
- Entertaining NYFW Word of Mouth: Aire Ancient Baths Wed, Feb 11, 2015
- Entertaining NYFW Guide: Photographer Douglas Friedman’s New York Nights Sat, Feb 7, 2015