Short of lighting patchouli (which would compete with the food) or sitting on the floor (uncomfortable for the long, conversational haul), you can add hints of hippie to a casual brunch or lunch. The vibe is strictly laid-back, as Tory did, using hand-painted blue and white clay cups and plates she found in Tulum, and minimal, earthy linens. The focal point, as ever, is a beautiful in-season arrangement that plays into the table’s colors.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 4.22.17 Getaway Issue: Margarita Esencia Recipe
- Entertaining 4.17.17 Garden Issue: To Visit, Ladurée in Los Angeles
- Entertaining 4.15.17 Garden Issue: Interior Designer Sarah Bartholomew on Table-Setting Tips
- Entertaining 4.14.17 Garden Issue: Spotlight on Paris’ Le Cabinet de Porcelaine
- Entertaining 4.13.17 Garden Issue: To Read, The Great Dixter Cookbook