And now for a bit of eye candy. Graphic design duo Michael Amzalag and Mathias Augustyniak, a.k.a. M/M (Paris), are known for both their groundbreaking mash-ups of photography, illustration and text, as well as their impressive client roster, from Balenciaga and Yohji Yamamoto to Madonna and Kanye West. A new monograph by Rizzoli shows just how they’ve gone from working for cultural influencers to joining that pantheon themselves. Not only are they featured in countless museum collections around the world and have a Grammy under their belt (Best Recording Package for Björk’s Biophilia), but they’ve even got a heart-shaped burger named after them at Paris’ Café Étienne Marcel — which, by the way, they also designed.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.22.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Jazmin Grace Grimaldi & Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles
- Beauty 3.19.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Tenoverten Entrepreneurs Nadine Abramcyk & Adair Ilyinsky
- Culture 3.18.18 #EmbraceAmbition: To Read, Bygone Badass Broads
- Culture 3.15.18 #EmbraceAmbition: FounderMade’s Meghan Asha on Top Entrepreneur Tips
- Culture 3.14.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Introducing New York’s City of Women