The inside track to Ziggy Stardust himself, now at the the V&A.
In January we were thrilled to celebrate David Bowie’s 66th birthday with a new single, the elegant Where Are We Now?. Then, his first album in a decade, the powerhouse The Next Day. And now to top it all off, a David Bowie retrospective at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. It’s an intoxicating cocktail of the singer’s deep and profound influence on fashion, film, photography and, of course, music — from his Seventies Ziggy Stardust bodysuits to more intimate objets, like personal sketches and diary entries. Because there’s no such thing as too much Bowie, here’s our playlist of some of our favorite songs, old and new.
More to explore in Music
- Music Paris Issue: To See, Jean Nouvel’s Philharmonie de Paris Tue, Jul 7, 2015
- Music Book Issue: Music Supervisor Randall Poster on his Favorite Music Books Fri, Jun 26, 2015
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Pre-Fall 2015 Mon, Jun 22, 2015
- Music Music Supervisor Randall Poster On: The Grateful Dead & His Deadhead Playlist Wed, Jun 10, 2015
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Memorial Day 2015 Fri, May 22, 2015