The inside track to Ziggy Stardust himself, now at the the V&A.
In January we were thrilled to celebrate David Bowie’s 66th birthday with a new single, the elegant Where Are We Now?. Then, his first album in a decade, the powerhouse The Next Day. And now to top it all off, a David Bowie retrospective at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. It’s an intoxicating cocktail of the singer’s deep and profound influence on fashion, film, photography and, of course, music — from his Seventies Ziggy Stardust bodysuits to more intimate objets, like personal sketches and diary entries. Because there’s no such thing as too much Bowie, here’s our playlist of some of our favorite songs, old and new.
More to explore in Music
- Music 11.4.17 Entrepreneur Issue: Strong & Stronger Playlist
- Music 10.14.17 Meet the Band: Miss Velvet & the Blue Wolf
- Music 10.6.17 Tory’s Playlist: Did Someone Say Cocktails?
- Music 8.31.17 Music Issue: To Read, What Is Hip-Hop?
- Music 8.30.17 Music Issue: Singer-Songwriter Mafalda’s Guide to New York City