For its 60th birthday, photography magazine Aperture got a glossy new facelift: bigger pages, more pages, better paper stock and a splashy new design by the award-winning London studio A2/SW/HK. Not all the changes were cosmetic, though. The new publication includes an impressive lineup of interviews, features and essays for all generations of art and culture lovers. Photographer Philip-Lorca diCorcia, for instance, offers an insightful look at one of his big influences: mid-20th century street photographer Garry Winogrand — who, it so happens, has a major show opening this Saturday at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Aquarius Thu, Jan 22, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Capricorn Fri, Dec 26, 2014
- Culture Holiday Issue: Greetings from Tory Daily Tue, Dec 23, 2014
- Culture Holiday Issue: Artist Mary Nelson Sinclair on Color, More Color & Best Gifts Sat, Dec 20, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014