Today, all eyes were on a certain American in Paris — we’re talking Alexander Wang and his debut at Balenciaga, of course. But the Stateside invasion doesn’t stop here. There’s a restaurant in the 9th arrondissement that pulses to a New York state of mind: La Maison Mère, which serves up a mean fish taco, bacon cheeseburger and cheesecake — as well as a dish called L’Assiette Long Island, with smoked salmon and blinis. The fashion set’s already made the bistro its own. Consider it maison sweet maison for your comfort-food fix.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Insta-Scene: Waterside Wed, Aug 27, 2014
- Travel Insider’s Guide: Waris Ahluwalia’s Venice Tue, Aug 26, 2014
- Travel Editor J.J. Martin On: Capri & Getaway Packing Tips Mon, Aug 18, 2014
- Travel Insider’s Guide: Joey Wölffer’s Hamptons Sat, Aug 16, 2014
- Travel Getaway: Designer Julia Leach’s Sweden Wed, Aug 13, 2014