Today, all eyes were on a certain American in Paris — we’re talking Alexander Wang and his debut at Balenciaga, of course. But the Stateside invasion doesn’t stop here. There’s a restaurant in the 9th arrondissement that pulses to a New York state of mind: La Maison Mère, which serves up a mean fish taco, bacon cheeseburger and cheesecake — as well as a dish called L’Assiette Long Island, with smoked salmon and blinis. The fashion set’s already made the bistro its own. Consider it maison sweet maison for your comfort-food fix.
More to explore in Travel
- Culture Shanghai Issue: Artist Yi Zhou’s Guide to the Art Scene Thu, Oct 30, 2014
- Travel Shanghai Issue: Editorial Director Leon Sun’s Insider’s Guide Wed, Oct 29, 2014
- Travel Shanghai Issue: Tory’s City Guide Tue, Oct 28, 2014
- Travel Expert Guide: Jewelry Designer Saskia Diez’s Germany Fri, Sep 19, 2014
- Travel Spotlight On: Beautiful Tennis Courts Sun, Aug 31, 2014