By Eugene Souleiman
- The Inspiration
There’s a slight nod to the Art Nouveau movement. We took the embellishment and curls from Gustav Klimt, but did something that has a more modern feel to it. Otherwise it looks very period. We’re not really in an HBO-romantic-series kind of world, are we? We’re in New York.
- The Look
We’re creating this soft and beautiful almost-bun — kind of where a bob meets a twist meets a bun. What I love about this is that it’s one continuous movement; it isn’t sectioned off. I think there’s a very light, almost ethereal texture to Tory’s clothes and I try to mimic that. It’s the feeling of freshness and lightness with something more structured.
- How to Get It
Spread a saline-based product at the roots of the hair, which takes the moisture out a little bit and allows it to become almost like static. It brings out the kind of imperfections that are really very beautiful. Then do a very low part, tease the underneath and roll it under. Turn the bun and pin it. There’s a structure to it, but it’s done in a very spontaneous way.
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty Expert Guide: Drs. Elizabeth K. Hale & Julie K. Karen on Skincare 101 Tue, May 10, 2016
- Beauty Spotlight On: Beauty Editor Napassorn “Momay” Buranasiri Thu, Mar 10, 2016
- Beauty Fall/Winter 2016: Backstage Beauty & Hair Wed, Feb 17, 2016
- Beauty NYFW To Visit: The Greenwich Hotel Spa Tue, Feb 9, 2016
- Beauty Meet the Blogger: Khulood Al Ali Sun, Jan 31, 2016