Vogue’s Style Editor-at-Large takes us through
one whirlwind evening during New York Fashion Week.
Saturdays during NYFW tend to be so tightly packed that one show bleeds into the next and it’s hard to navigate
oneself throughout the night — dinners, parties, cocktails follow one another. Despite almost falling off my chair at
The Beatrice Inn later that night, it was totally worth it. So let’s start in the late afternoon…. — Elisabeth
- 4:00 PM
- A fabulous show for Band of Outsiders. It put me in a quirky mood with their Forties-esque music and strange sweater jumpers/turbans.
- 5:00 PM
- From there I hitched a ride with a sister in style (we tend to often wear similar looks) Laure Heriard Dubreuil and Lisa Marie Fernandez, straight to the Alex Wang show. It sort of felt like we were heading to Gotham City and, as always, Wang’s dark paradise, thumping tunes and a strong show… I could have gone dancing from there.
- 6:30 PM
- I rushed to Tibi at the Chelsea Piers, a brand I have come to love since finding a pair of leather shorts that I bought some years ago and still wear all the time. The best way to move through fashion week is with a buddy and with me on the tour was my dear friend Harry Brant.
- 7:30 PM
- We flew through the, as usual, incredible cocktail presentation of Moncler, where, in a tight black circular space, several hundred models stood staring down at us not moving an inch — somewhat scary, disturbing and quite stunning all at one.
- 8:00 PM
- Back it was to Chelsea for the last show of the night, Altuzarra, where I loved the black and white furs and gloves
- 9:00 PM
- Food at The Beatrice Inn for a post-Moncler party and to celebrate Renzo Rosso. There was another party for my dear friend Duro Olowu, who designed a smashing line for JCPenney. I was promenading one of his beautiful clutches around all night
- 11:30 PM
- I stopped off for a nanosecond at the Altuzarra cocktail at the Gramercy Terrace. Despite it being very fun and filled with lots more friends, my bed was calling me loudly.
More to explore in Fashion Week
- Fashion Week NYFW Best Dressed: Tabitha Simmons Sat, Sep 13, 2014
- Fashion Week Spring 2015: The Collection Fri, Sep 12, 2014
- Beauty Spring 2015: Backstage Beauty & Hair Fri, Sep 12, 2014
- Fashion Week Spring 2015: Trend Report Thu, Sep 11, 2014
- Fashion Week Spring 2015: Accessories Report Thu, Sep 11, 2014