Q: Where do you find your inspiration for prints?
A: Ideas for prints and patterns come from anywhere at any time. I’ve been inspired by paint splatters on walls before. This season, our Akira print — seen on some of our dresses, skirts and more — is based off a tile pattern I saw a few years ago in Istanbul, an incredible ancient city. We tried to recreate the beautifully faded quality of the traditional Iznik tiles, which had withstood centuries of wind and sun in the Bosphorus. It’s one of my favorite prints for spring, summer and beyond.
More to explore in Spring
- Spring Taj Alwan On: Smart Time Management Wed, Apr 2, 2014
- Spring Most Wanted: The Jersey Dress Mon, Mar 31, 2014
- Spring Calgary Avansino On: London & The Vogue Festival Fri, Mar 28, 2014
- Experts 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Ariela Suster Mon, Apr 22, 2013
- Spring Street Style: Boho Bound Wed, Apr 17, 2013