What is it about Larry Gagosian’s annual Thursday night dinner at Mr. Chow that’s made it one of the hottest Oscar week invites for the last 15 years? We think it’s the eclectic mix of people from all creative walks. You might find yourself enjoying squab-in-lettuce wraps next to Anjelica Huston or waiting in the valet line behind Tom Ford. Or discussing appropriation in fashion vs. art with Richard Prince, whose new Cowboys exhibit at the Beverly Hills Gagosian Gallery is the cause for this year’s celebration. While the guest list changes each year, there’s one thing you can count on: cool conversations about subjects other than just movies — a near impossibility during Oscar week.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Paddle8’s Alexander Gilkes On: The Art of Art Collecting Tue, Sep 30, 2014
- Culture Elle UK Editor Sophie Beresiner On: Having Breast Cancer Mon, Sep 29, 2014
- Culture To Do: Cy Twombly at Morgan Library Fri, Sep 26, 2014
- Culture To Read: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Libra Sat, Sep 20, 2014