They don’t call New York the city that never sleeps for nothing. We kick off fashion week here with an ode to Gotham’s twilight hours. As New York at Night: Photography after Dark shows, the city comes alive when the sun sets. With shots from Richard Avedon, Guy Bourdin, Diane Arbus, Stanley Kubrick, Nan Goldin, Ryan McGinley and more, the book’s a seductive and electrifying slideshow of the city pulsing through the ages. And like New York itself, there’s a little of everything, from the glittering and glamorous to the gritty and deliciously debauched.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.9.17 Art & Design Issue: Meet the Furniture Designer, Cam Crockford
- Culture 12.9.17 Art & Design Issue: To Do, Deborah Roberts at Fort Gansevoort
- Culture 12.7.17 Art & Design Issue: Spotlight on Faena District
- Culture 12.7.17 Art & Design Issue: Jewelry Designer Susan Alexandra’s Top 5 Art Inspirations
- Culture 12.7.17 Art & Design Issue: To Read, Schiaparelli and the Artists