They don’t call New York the city that never sleeps for nothing. We kick off fashion week here with an ode to Gotham’s twilight hours. As New York at Night: Photography after Dark shows, the city comes alive when the sun sets. With shots from Richard Avedon, Guy Bourdin, Diane Arbus, Stanley Kubrick, Nan Goldin, Ryan McGinley and more, the book’s a seductive and electrifying slideshow of the city pulsing through the ages. And like New York itself, there’s a little of everything, from the glittering and glamorous to the gritty and deliciously debauched.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: The Fabric of India at the Victoria & Albert Museum Tue, Oct 6, 2015
- Culture To Read: Eric Morse’s What Is Punk? Sun, Oct 4, 2015
- Culture Author Gayle Tzemach Lemmon On: Resilience, TED Talks & Living in the “And” Sun, Oct 4, 2015
- Culture To Watch: Meet the Patels Fri, Oct 2, 2015
- Culture Director Nancy Meyers On: The Intern Tue, Sep 29, 2015