Forget the popcorn. Here’s a glimpse at what Sundance attendees will be eating at Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s J&G Grill, plus a recipe to recreate the experience at home.
Black Truffle Pizza with Fontina Cheese
1000 kg all-purpose flour
½ oz fine sea salt
2 oz honey
3 oz olive oil
2 oz fresh yeast
14½ oz cold water
5 oz warm water
Place flour in mixer with dough hook. Combine salt, honey, olive oil and COLD water in a bowl and mix well. Dissolve yeast in the WARM water (43°c/110°f) and let proof for 10 minutes. With the motor running, slowly pour the salt, honey and cold water mixture in, then pour in the dissolved yeast mixture. Process until dough forms a ball, then let process for five more minutes. Transfer dough into a bowl. Let dough rest overnight. Portion dough 3 oz each. Roll each piece into a smooth tight ball. Place on floured sheet pan, cover and refrigerate.
3 oz truffle peelings
½ oz truffle oil
1 tsp salt
Combine truffle peelings, oil and salt in KitchenAid mixer until smooth.
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz truffle juice
1 oz soy sauce
3 oz olive oil
Mix above ingredients together.
Grated fontina cheese
Roll out one portion of dough and spread truffle sauce on dough. Sprinkle fontina cheese on top and bake until well crisped and blisters are a bit burned. Cut into quarters and top center of pizza with a small amount of frisée lettuce dressed with truffle dressing and chives.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Chef April Bloomfield Fri, Apr 24, 2015
- Entertaining To Read: Bunny Williams On Garden Style Wed, Apr 22, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Valentina Scambia’s Guide to the Entertaining Scene Sat, Apr 18, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Gelato in the City Wed, Apr 15, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Shop Martina Mondadori’s Cabana Magazine on 1stdibs Tue, Apr 14, 2015