The Centre Pompidou-Metz in Paris has been holding a major retrospective of Minimal and Conceptual art pioneer Sol LeWitt, complete with 33 of his massive wall drawings. Now Stateside fans can immerse themselves in the artist’s oeuvre with the upcoming U.S. release of Sol LeWitt. An in-depth monograph that covers his career from start to finish, it’s an eye-opener, especially if your LeWitt 411 is limited to those oft-quoted grids and cubes. For instance: Did you know his first gig out of school was manning the photocopy machine at teen glossy Seventeen? Yeah, we didn’t either.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Garry Winogrand at The Met Mon, Jul 7, 2014
- Culture Meet the Artist: Gray Malin Wed, Jul 2, 2014
- Culture Book Tastemaker: Rodrigo Corral’s Design Talk Tue, Jul 1, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: 40 Greatest Parties in Fiction Tue, Jul 1, 2014
- Culture Book Tastemaker: Jesmyn Ward’s Writerly Advice Mon, Jun 30, 2014