What a difference a felted topper makes. It’s a wardrobe game-changer — no matter your look, whether casual or polished, a fedora ups the ante on your insouciance factor. Can it go beguiling and sexy? Mais oui. Consider Maria Schneider in Bernardo Bertolucci’s Last Tango in Paris (above).
Which reminds us, it’s Tango’s 40th anniversary. For all that’s been written about its X-rated provocation, the movie endures for its push and pull of emotions and now-iconic snapshots of the Seventies, from the powerful score to its mesmerizing cinematography of Paris. And the fashion. Schneider’s Jeanne seduces in nonchalant fur coats, belted minis, knitted scarves and that one unforgettable fedora.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Expert Guide: Recruiter Kristy Hurt on the Job Search Mon, Mar 30, 2015
- Culture To Read: Veronica Kavass’ Artists in Love Sun, Mar 29, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Aries Fri, Mar 27, 2015
- Culture Spotlight On: Spring Beach Reads Sun, Mar 22, 2015
- Culture To Read: Thomas Campbell’s Seeing Fatima’s Eyes Thu, Mar 19, 2015