What a difference a felted topper makes. It’s a wardrobe game-changer — no matter your look, whether casual or polished, a fedora ups the ante on your insouciance factor. Can it go beguiling and sexy? Mais oui. Consider Maria Schneider in Bernardo Bertolucci’s Last Tango in Paris (above).
Which reminds us, it’s Tango’s 40th anniversary. For all that’s been written about its X-rated provocation, the movie endures for its push and pull of emotions and now-iconic snapshots of the Seventies, from the powerful score to its mesmerizing cinematography of Paris. And the fashion. Schneider’s Jeanne seduces in nonchalant fur coats, belted minis, knitted scarves and that one unforgettable fedora.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Model Liu Wen On: Lunar New Year Traditions Sun, Feb 7, 2016
- Culture Meet the Artist: Ryan Sarah Murphy Thu, Feb 4, 2016
- Culture To Do: Robert Dallet at the Bruce Museum Tue, Feb 2, 2016
- Culture Tory Daily’s HOT! List: February 2016 Mon, Feb 1, 2016
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Aquarius Mon, Feb 1, 2016