What a difference a felted topper makes. It’s a wardrobe game-changer — no matter your look, whether casual or polished, a fedora ups the ante on your insouciance factor. Can it go beguiling and sexy? Mais oui. Consider Maria Schneider in Bernardo Bertolucci’s Last Tango in Paris (above).
Which reminds us, it’s Tango’s 40th anniversary. For all that’s been written about its X-rated provocation, the movie endures for its push and pull of emotions and now-iconic snapshots of the Seventies, from the powerful score to its mesmerizing cinematography of Paris. And the fashion. Schneider’s Jeanne seduces in nonchalant fur coats, belted minis, knitted scarves and that one unforgettable fedora.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Holiday Issue: Artist Mary Nelson Sinclair on Color, More Color & Best Gifts Sat, Dec 20, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Culture To Do: Beatriz Milhazes at Pérez Art Museum Miami Sun, Dec 7, 2014
- Culture Art Advisor Maria Brito On: Lifestyling the Home Sat, Dec 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Michele Oka Doner at Christie’s Fri, Dec 5, 2014