What a difference a felted topper makes. It’s a wardrobe game-changer — no matter your look, whether casual or polished, a fedora ups the ante on your insouciance factor. Can it go beguiling and sexy? Mais oui. Consider Maria Schneider in Bernardo Bertolucci’s Last Tango in Paris (above).
Which reminds us, it’s Tango’s 40th anniversary. For all that’s been written about its X-rated provocation, the movie endures for its push and pull of emotions and now-iconic snapshots of the Seventies, from the powerful score to its mesmerizing cinematography of Paris. And the fashion. Schneider’s Jeanne seduces in nonchalant fur coats, belted minis, knitted scarves and that one unforgettable fedora.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Paddle8’s Alexander Gilkes On: The Art of Art Collecting Tue, Sep 30, 2014
- Culture Elle UK Editor Sophie Beresiner On: Having Breast Cancer Mon, Sep 29, 2014
- Culture To Do: Cy Twombly at Morgan Library Fri, Sep 26, 2014
- Culture To Read: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Libra Sat, Sep 20, 2014