What a difference a felted topper makes. It’s a wardrobe game-changer — no matter your look, whether casual or polished, a fedora ups the ante on your insouciance factor. Can it go beguiling and sexy? Mais oui. Consider Maria Schneider in Bernardo Bertolucci’s Last Tango in Paris (above).
Which reminds us, it’s Tango’s 40th anniversary. For all that’s been written about its X-rated provocation, the movie endures for its push and pull of emotions and now-iconic snapshots of the Seventies, from the powerful score to its mesmerizing cinematography of Paris. And the fashion. Schneider’s Jeanne seduces in nonchalant fur coats, belted minis, knitted scarves and that one unforgettable fedora.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Lil Buck at Lincoln Center Plaza Sat, Jul 25, 2015
- Culture To Do: Alex Israel at Paris’ Almine Rech Fri, Jul 24, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Leo Thu, Jul 23, 2015
- Culture To Do: Contemporary Art Masters at Marian Goodman Wed, Jul 22, 2015
- Culture Meet the Artist: Angelica Hicks Sun, Jul 19, 2015