What a difference a felted topper makes. It’s a wardrobe game-changer — no matter your look, whether casual or polished, a fedora ups the ante on your insouciance factor. Can it go beguiling and sexy? Mais oui. Consider Maria Schneider in Bernardo Bertolucci’s Last Tango in Paris (above).
Which reminds us, it’s Tango’s 40th anniversary. For all that’s been written about its X-rated provocation, the movie endures for its push and pull of emotions and now-iconic snapshots of the Seventies, from the powerful score to its mesmerizing cinematography of Paris. And the fashion. Schneider’s Jeanne seduces in nonchalant fur coats, belted minis, knitted scarves and that one unforgettable fedora.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Matisse & the Book Arts at The Morgan Tue, Nov 24, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Sagittarius Mon, Nov 23, 2015
- Culture To Read: Brigid Berlin Polaroids Sun, Nov 22, 2015
- Culture Author Juman Malouf On: The Trilogy of Two Sat, Nov 21, 2015
- Culture To Do: Paige Powell at the Portland Art Museum Sat, Nov 21, 2015