What a difference a felted topper makes. It’s a wardrobe game-changer — no matter your look, whether casual or polished, a fedora ups the ante on your insouciance factor. Can it go beguiling and sexy? Mais oui. Consider Maria Schneider in Bernardo Bertolucci’s Last Tango in Paris (above).
Which reminds us, it’s Tango’s 40th anniversary. For all that’s been written about its X-rated provocation, the movie endures for its push and pull of emotions and now-iconic snapshots of the Seventies, from the powerful score to its mesmerizing cinematography of Paris. And the fashion. Schneider’s Jeanne seduces in nonchalant fur coats, belted minis, knitted scarves and that one unforgettable fedora.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture London Issue: To See, You Say You Want a Revolution at the V&A Wed, Dec 7, 2016
- Culture Tory Daily’s HOT! List: Art Basel Miami Beach Thu, Dec 1, 2016
- Culture To See: Di Donna’s Paths to the Absolute Sun, Nov 27, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: Illustrator & Calligrapher Stephanie Fishwick Sat, Nov 26, 2016
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Sagittarius Sun, Nov 20, 2016